Friday, September 24, 2004

It's been a long week

It's Friday already. I just hope the weekend does not go as quickly.

I have been incredibly busy this week. Work is hammering me. On top of my old responsibilities, I am responsible for a new product, and like all new products it has ... well, some issues. I am getting hammered. It seems like, I receive a new "HOT" issue every day. Anyway, my apologies to my loyal readers for the lack of posts.

Medical Update: Tyler went back to the Dr. on Wednesday. His cough was not getting any better. They did a chest X-ray and his lungs were clear but they noticed his air pathways were really swollen. There was a technical name, Hyper something or other. I just cannot remember exactly what it was. The long and short of it is Tyler's Asthma is acting up causing constriction and problems. On top of that, allergies are causing congestion. I THINK I got that right. They gave him a higher dose of the Inhaler and something for the allergies. He is to take both only temporarily till it clears up. That was Wednesday. Between Work, Soccer, Band and homework, I have not seen to much of him since then so I don't know if he has gotten any better.

Karen is still having the PVC issues. They do not appear to be getting any better. She has stopped taking the Claritin, She all but stopped drinking / eating anything with caffeine. She is walking every day 3+ miles. We are giving it till early next week, time for the Claritin and such to completely leave her body. If it does not get better by then she will make a Dr. Appointment.

Karen and her Mom's Bowling team is doing well. They won all four games again this week. They are on a roll! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Michelle is on her fall intersession. She has 3 weeks off of school. She has been super helpful to Karen these past couple of days. She has helped clean and cook and run errands without any fuss. I don't know what has gotten into her. Wednesday and Thursday she even wore a Dress/Skirt! What did someone do with my Michelle?

Karen Michelle and I had lunch yesterday and Michelle came to work with me after that so Karen and her mom could go for a walk (and Karen could get a little break from the energy of a 10 year old.) Michelle helped clean my cube up, and played some cards and just hung out. We headed to soccer practice right after work. Our First game is Tonight. Michelle will be goalie for the first half of the game. Every player on my team must play goalie at least once during the season. She figured she would get it out of the way. She is hoping that for the teams won't be that good yet so she won't have to work so hard back there.

Tyler and Kyle had a football game Thursday night. Ok they had a band performance AT the football game. Karen and I didn't go. My soccer overlapped a bit and honestly I just needed to relax a bit. The football team won again. And the boys said the band did pretty well.

I have not talked to Bob in a while but have been keeping up with his BLOG posts. He seems to be working hard, both with his academics and his job. He is scheduled to come home on October 1st.

I have not had time to think about what is going on this weekend yet. Hopefully I will able to get a bike ride and a Disc golf in.

October 3rd is Karen's Birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home