Friday, September 10, 2004

Blog Round-up

I have not posted since Monday. Work is keeping me jumping. And since Monday's post was... well, lengthy, I thought I would give you a break.

I was trying to do something a little differently in that post just to see how it would work, writing back-words (a little pun there). I have not gone back to read it yet but that is the plan. The idea is to wait a couple of days, go back and read it and see if it still makes sense. I suspect it was a bit confusing. We shall see.

My desire is to use this web log for a number of things. The first is to maintain a journal. This is something I always wanted to do and in fact started several times over the years. Someday, when I become famous, I can use this to write my autobiography eh?

The second desire is to provide a means for family and friends to keep up with what the family and I are up to. This way I don't fill folks e-mail boxes with mail they don't want to read. But if they are interested they can come here and see what's up. It would be nice if more folks in the family followed my lead. Actually Bob's lead. I borrowed the idea from him.

Finally I want to use this to improve my writing skills. It may not look like it at times but I am trying and use correct sentence structure, spelling and grammar. Also, on occasion I may try a different writing style, e.g. Monday's post. I don't do much writing in my job or anywhere else so the BLOG will hopefully help improve my skills a bit.

I enabled the ability for folks to leave comments to the posts. Feel free to do so. Under each post there is a 'comment' link. click it and it will allow you to compose a comment. Mom indicated she tried it but it asked her for a password etc.. If you look at that password screen you will see, at the bottom, an option to comment anonymously. On the other hand if you start your own BLOG on Blogspot then you will have a password :-)

OR you can e-mail comments to me directly if you would rather.

A quick update on happenings since Monday:

Work. Lots of work. Besides that, Karen and I went on a field trip with Michelle's class to Harris Nuclear Power Plant. It was interesting, however listening to the presenter you would think nuclear power was the cleanest safest source of energy on the planet. The kids had fun and most I talked to admitted to learning something.

Another good thing came out of this trip. We found that the park surrounding the power plant has a disc golf course. It is a bit of a drive but it looks like it is a nice course so we will probably try it this weekend.

Thursday evening team Israel had another good practice. I am trying to teach the girls to be less timid, not afraid to use their bodies to go after the soccer ball. In years past the girls on my teams have been afraid to touch the other players or to even step in front of them to gain control of the ball. So we are concentrating on more the physical aspects of soccer. The other area of concentration, along the same lines, is possession, maintaining it and gaining it. If the other team does not have control of the ball then chances are they cannot score. This is a little different approach than I have used in years past. We shall see how it goes.

That's it for today. Talk to ya soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home