Thursday, August 26, 2004

A Remote for My Volvo

When I bought my 97 Volvo back in May, one dissapointment I had was that the car did not come with a keyless entry remote. I just could not get use to not having one. (I know, but I'm a guy. What can I say). The dealer wanted $125 for a freaking remote. Well I started looking on EBay. Low and behold. Volvo remotes are a hot item on EBay. I made some half hearted attempts at some of them but mostly wanted to get a feel for how much they were going for. Well they were pretty consistantly going for around $40. I was ready to make my move. So Monday I had been watching this one sale. It was sitting at $28 with only 20 minutes to go. So I sat and waited till there was like 70 seconds to go and I placed a Max bid of $45. But the way it works is my bid shows up as $29 until someone else bids. Low and behold someone else bid with like 20 seconds left and placed their max bid of $40 (as I expected). So I ended up winning with a bid of $41. And there was no more time to bid. Who-ahhh! Anyway I received it today and it works great!.

I received the new roster for my soccer team this season. First practice is Saturday morning. I am looking forward to a new batch of girls and a new season. I will keep you posted on how the season progresses.

Bob is still struggling with anxiety at school. He will do OK. Apparently he drew a less than ideal roommate again. A smoker, reportedly rude, etc. He signed up for a single dorm room but has to wait for 10 days before he can move. Other than that he is settling in. He started classes. His schedule is a little tougher this semester. He has 2 writing classes. He is a little concerned about. He also started his job. He also has a web log. The URL is: http://homepage.mac.com/loudhukamoo/iblog/index.html if you would like to follow his saga.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home