Monday, August 30, 2004

Busy Weekend

Here it is, Monday morning. How did it happen again so soon?

Friday night Karen, Michelle and I went to the HS football game. The band continues to improve and even the football team looks pretty good this year. So far they are 2-0. However, This week they play Southern Durham which is one of the top five teams in the state. We will see how that goes. Michelle was not at all interested in going to the game. But, after all was said and done, got into the game. Instead of leaving after half time, as originally planned, she elected to stay through to the end. At one point she said she wanted to play football. Karen heard that and gave it an emphatical NO.

Saturday, my soccer team, Team "Israel", had it's first practice. It was HOT and Muggy. The girls did very well. I think we will have a good team. We have one or two girls that are a little tentative but other than that everyone seems comfortable putting them shelved out there. Michelle did well; She hustled and passed the ball and helped clean up cones after practice. Keep it up Michelle!

Tyler and Kyle worked Saturday and Sunday getting the soccer fields ready for the upcoming season; repairing goals, lining the fields etc. One or both of them will lines the fields each week. Bob started doing this a few years back. Then Tyler started helping him. When Bob graduated Tyler took over. Now Kyle helps him. Kind of a family tradition. The hours are flexible; as long as the fields are in good shape for the weekend games.

Bob came home for the weekend. Most of his friends were either at school or busy so he hung around the house a little more than usual. Which was nice. We chit-chatted etc. His Birthday was Sunday; The big '20'. We took him out for dinner Saturday night and gave him his presents. He seemed to get what he wanted and was happy.

I didn't see much of Bob Sunday because I had to mow the lawn. (Typically Tyler or Kyle's job but they were working) After that I got all involved in this auction that was going on down the street. They were selling All their stuff at auction. They had some really nice stuff. They had a computer desk that Karen and I liked. We bid on it and won. The problem is the file drawers that would come with it were sold as a separate item and, well, we did not win those. So we basically now have a nice computer desktop without any drawer or file cabinets etc.; Useless to us. Now I get to try and sell it. The good new is I only spent around $100. The bad news is that I spent $100!

I also won another thing; It is a wine bottle holder. It is a bust of a French chef with his hand up. The wine bottle fits in his hand and the neck goes into his mouth. (picture to the right)

The other major weekend event was Tyler's latest purchase. Tyler had $300 burning a hole in is pocket. It was quite an ordeal for him to figure out what to do with that money. We tried to convince him to put it in the bank and save for a car. That didn't fly. So Saturday we went to the make and he bought an IPOD; the MP3 Player by Apple. Bob used his employee discount which saved Tyler some money. Tyler was always borrowing my mp3 player so he should get some good use out of the IPOD. And I won't have to constantly search for mine. It was a pain to get the IPOD set up. Probably because we have an old computer with a slow USB port. He tried and tried. Finally Sunday night I looked at it and we were able to get it working. I don't know what the problem was, but it is working now and Tyler is happy. After all that's what we all live for, to make Tyler happy. ;-)

Karen had a bad weekend, besides me spending money on stuff we can't use/don't need. She has a sinus infection and had a headache all weekend. She has a Dr. Appt. this afternoon. Hopefully some good meds will do the trick.

Saturday, after the Ipod purchase, I bought a good pedometer. We never found the McDonald's one. I had a mall gift certificate that I received from my team for coaching soccer last season. I figured this was a good healthy thing to get with the gift. It is much more accurate than the free McDonald's one I was using before, plus it calculates miles and calories etc. too. I will mostly use it for steps though. I took over 10,000 steps yesterday. I reset it a couple of times messing with it so I don't know exactly how many I took.

I am glad I purchased the pedometer but if I had not, Karen and I would probably not have taken the walk to calibrate it and I would probably not have seen the auction signs and I would not have bought the desk...

Oh well


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home