Monday, August 23, 2004

Ah Monday... Sigh...

I decided I needed to remove a portion of my previous post incase some Nortel uppity-up happened upon it. As bad as it seems sometimes, I still need my job. So that is why it is shorter than before...

Friday night Michelle stayed with her grandparents while Karen Tim Tyler and Kyle headed off to the HS football game. Who knows where Bob went; somewhere with Jamie I presume. Anyway Without boring you with a bunch of details things went very well. The band is farther along than they ever have been since we have been around (6 year) this early in the season. They performed well both in the stands and on the field. Tyler and Kyle both did well.

Saturday Morning Karen baked a cheesecake for an early Birthday cake for Bob. She tried a different cooking method because she has had problems the last couple of times with it not cooking evenly and being underdone in the middle. The problem is it just took more than twice as long. It cut into our Disc Golf Schedule. But let me tell you it was worth it. YUM.

After the cake was made, and a brief rain delay, we did get in a round of disc golf. I did pretty well; I was only 2 over par for the day. I had 2 eagles. I also had a few double Bogies or worse so....Karen did well She had more par or better holes than I did but I still somehow managed a lower overall score. She is more consistent than I am. Tyler of course beat us all. He says he didn't have a good day but still managed to win by one point.

We planned on driving Bob to ECU on Saturday. But he decided there was really no reason for him to go that early so we drove him down Sunday morning instead. He is getting settled in. He had a bit of an anxiety attack after we left but seems to be doing ok now. Bob started his new job this morning; he will be filming ECU football practices. From what I can tell it will be for coaches reviews. He thinks some of the folks film the games too but I am guessing those folks would be the more senior members of the group... I dunno. To be seen I guess. He worked a few hours this morning and will work a few hours again this after noon. Once classes start he will mostly work weekday in the afternoons.

Other than that We watched some Olympics and I changed the oil, and rotated the tires on the van. I still need to do the other two cars but at least I got one done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home