Monday, August 09, 2004

Thanks Microsoft

Wouldn't you know it. I try and be a good son-in-law. I updated my father-in-law's computers with the latest drivers for his wireless network. He didn't ask me to. I just thought I would be nice. Well leave it to Microsoft to turn my unselfish act into a act of techno-terrorism.

The following day Howard called and left a message with one of my sons, who's name will not be mentioned, that his computer was showing the "blue screen of death" and that he could not get it to connect to their network. Later that evening he came by the house and told me in person.

I went over to their house to hopefully quickly fix the problem. 2 hours later I still did not have it fixed. Not only did his wireless card no longer work but the wired network adaptor didn't work either so I could not try again to update the drivers.

Looks like I will be spending more time at the in-laws this weekend.
Other than that, Tyler, Michelle, Karen and I Played Disc Golf again Sunday. No Bees this time. While None of us has stellar days, Tyler still managed to wipe the floor with the rest of us. I suppose I should be proud of my son.... I suppose.

;-)
I did not wear the step-o-meter yesterday so no news on that front.
I am trying a new way of submitting a post to the web log; Via e-mail. We shall see how well this works.