Friday, August 13, 2004

TGIF... Even if it is the thirteenth

Today Karen is baking a cake for our neighbor's Birthday. Noelle turned 3 on Wednesday. The party was planned to be on Saturday at the park but hurricane Charlie will probably cause it to be rescheduled till Sunday. Anyway Karen and I will be decorating the cake Sometime this weekend. Then going to the party. Karen made a giant chocolate chip cookie, decorated it and we all, cept bob, who was working, over on Wednesday and sang Happy Birthday. Normally she is quite outgoing and comfortable with us but she hid behind daddy's leg while we sang. Noel and her little sister, Lana (3 mos. old). are both adorable. You can see them at: http://www.home.earthlink.net/~stamfam/.

Other than that, this weekend I need to change the oil in all three cars, assuming a tree is not blown over on one of them. I also need to give myself a haircut, clean the pond, sharpen the lawn mower, find the rattle in the van and.... well I know there are other things on my list to do. I need to get them done before Marching band season is in full swing and Michelle's soccer season starts.
It's going to be a nasty weekend due to the afore mentioned weather system. Maybe we will get a game of Disc Golf in but it looks doubtful. It will be a good weekend to stay inside and watch the Olympics.

Several folks have asked me how I have time to keep this web log up to date etc. Well, we will see how long it lasts but, for now, for the most part, I take a couple of minutes while my computer is backing up my e-mail boxes or doing the virus scan thing. Right now it is copying my local copies of my archive e-mail boxes up the network. How long can that take you ask? Well I keep 14 months plus of most all e-mail sent or received. I archive almost all work related e-mails but probably only half of my personal e-mail. But all in all it occupies on the order of 800 MB. It takes about 5 minutes to zip them and copy it to the network. It took me 15 min. to write this.... Oh well.