Saturday, August 07, 2004

BEES!

Michelle Karen and I went to play Disc Golf again this morning. Tyler was at breakfast with Melodie's family so he didn't play. Anyway I had a pretty good day. I made par for the course. I was over the first 9 but under the second. Karen came in a close second and Michelle third.

On hole #17 Michelle threw her Frisbee into the bushes. She went in to get them and quickly came out saying there were bees all over the place. Being the gallant man I am I went in after her disc. I didn't see the bees immediately but let me tell you, they saw me. I managed to get her disc then felt the first sting. There were probably 20 bees on me when I ran out of the bushes. I now know what NOT to do when being swarmed by bees. Running around like an idiot, swatting at the bees just makes them madder. Stop Drop and roll doesn't do the trick either. In hindsight I should have stopped and gently scooped the bees off of me. I got away with only 5 or 6 stings. I consider myself lucky.

I said I was going to keep track of the number of steps each day, as you might remember. Well yesterday the step-o-meter showed I took 11,000+ . Granted the pedometer I am using is the cheap one I got at McDonalds so it's accuracy is under some question but it gives you a round number.