Friday, December 22, 2006

Day 25 Update

Greetings all,

It's 5:00 AM and I just finished up my physical therapy regiment. I woke to a throbbing in my right ankle, and both feet. It has become some what of a ritual over the past couple of weeks. Waking up between 3:00 and 5:00 to one pain or another. I general take something for the pain and after 30-40 min I can go back to sleep. This morning however I got up and exercised instead.

The sore ankle is the same ankle I have sprained several times in the past. I do not have pain accross the lateral tendons, typical with the rolled ankle I am so proficient at. I mostly have pain near where the achilles attaches to the heal, mostly on the interior side, and in the joint where, to quote Ezekiel, "th foot bone is connected to the leg bone" in front. In addition I have crampy achy pain in the bottom of my feet and heels. It constantly feels like I have been walking for hours. I get this pain generally in the evening as well as in the wee hours of the morning.

But, if you notice, when I first started complaining about the various pains I was experiencing after surgery, it started from by buttox all the way to the bottom of my feet. Now it is limited, for the most part, to just my feet and ankles. Maybe a little still in my lower calfs. So there is some progress. My back does not generally hurt unless I do somthing stupid or I sit too long etc. and that goes away pretty quickly once I relax etc.

I started Physical Therapy on Tuesday. The practitioner and staff are really nice. So far she is prescribing the same type of exercises and stretches I have seen from my other PT experiences over the years. Though this time I have some that I do on a exercise ball that I have not done before. So I had to go out and by one of course. I scheduled 4 appointments. Hopefully after that I can just to the routine at home and perhaps check in with her after a month. The insurance co-pay hurts more than my back does.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm no t a doc by any stretch of them means (pun intended), but I can tell you from my own experience that watching how much PT you do is probably important. I did none - my doc just told me to walk and (after some time) to stretch. Too much to soon can lead to pain. Of course, one has to exercise. Balancing act.

When you sleep, have you tired the soft pillow between the knees thing, if you sleep on your side? Makes a big difference for me. Also, a memory foam matress or a truly good mattress with the memory foam topper you can buy at Costco is a great thing.

greg

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home