Thursday, November 30, 2006

Day 4

Yesterday was a little rough for me. I probably over did it a little. I felt like I had a bit of a fever and the aches that usually accompanies a fever. Karen took my temperature and it was pretty consistanty 99 or below. I was a little stuffed up. I was a little inconsistant with when I took my meds, I slept to much and as a result I did not sleep well last night. Over the course of the day I would say the pain level was a 4-5 even with the meds.

Today I woke with a little bit of that fever-ish ache again. So I took it easier. I still took my short walks around the house but did not over do it. I took naps but tried to keep them shorter. I took my meds on schedule. I also did not wear the back brace as much today; It is not very comfortable. As a result I felt much better today. It's 8:00 PM and I am starting to feel warn down now but overall it was a better day. I am thinking the difference is that I am not yet ready to try and get off the meds yet.

Overall pain level right now is probably a 2-3 medicated. It has been pretty consistent all day. It jumps up significantly when I cough or sneeze but that is to be expected I suppose.

Karen has been wonderful. I am TRYING to be a good patient and follow all the rules. She is keeping me honest and helping me do the things I am not allowed to do on my own yet. Including picking up the cats so I can pet them. Thanks hon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home