Tuesday, October 19, 2004

The weekend under the sink

I have been swamped at work so I have not been able to take the time in the morning for a blog. Thanks to those of you who have been patiently waiting and, well, still came back to read this one.

We had a full weekend so I could write for pages about what transpired. I will try and keep it brief, or at least as brief as I am capable of.

Friday night the five of us went to our friends Alison an Bill's house for dinner. We met them 9 or 10 years ago. Rob, their son, was in Tyler's Cub Scout Den. Before dinner, Bill taught Michelle how to mix martinis. Hopefully that will not become a habit. It was a nice dinner, we took a walk and just chit chatted. The boys spent the night and played computer games; most of the night from what I hear.

Saturday morning team Israel had another good soccer game. We had possession of the ball literally 75-80% of the game. We had 12-15 shots on goal, the other team had only 4. We passed the ball, used open space, and lost 3 to 1.

Saturday afternoon we had Girl Scouts. Tyler taught the girls how to play Disc Golf. Then we broke them into 3 person groups and played 9 holes. The girls seem to have a good time.

Saturday evening Howard, Nancy, Bob, Tyler, Kyle, Michelle, Melodie and I helped celebrate Karen's birthday. After dinner Karen opened presents, had an awesome Ice cream cookie cake that her mom made and a rousing game of hand in foot, which Melodie and Howard teamed up to win.

Sunday, I made Orange Cranberry Almond Coconut pancakes. They were yummy. Karen went, with her mom, to the Parade of Homes while I tackled the new sink and faucet. I won't go into details but it took 2 trips to Home Depot and hours of completely redoing the plumbing because the garbage disposal... Oh never mind. It looks good. It still has a slight leak but I will take care of it.

In a nutshell that was the weekend.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home