Friday, October 22, 2004

Top-o-the morning to ya!

It's Friday morning. After a greuling week, the weekend is almost here. So to that I raise my mug, of water because I am cutting back on Soda, and toast "To another successful week!"

At work I have gotten rather behind in my customer issues over the past several weeks because of internal issues that management set as my priority. We pretty much have a handle on those now so I can go back to my regular duties. I cleared several of the customer issues since Monday so I am feeling pretty good about my contribution this week. I even made a concerted effort to not work at home after work. I ended up having to a little last night because a new issue came in. I had to prepare for a morning conference call to discuss it. But I think the rest of the week I did pretty well. I didn't work after I got home but I did get home late 3 out of the 5 days. So I still have some area for improvement eh?

Tyler and Kyle tried out for the HS jazz band on Wednesday. Tyler was selected. He made 3rd chair?... I think. Anyway he is pleased. Kyle did not get selected. He was disappointed. Not so much that he did not make it but more that he did not do as well in the audition as he thought he could have. The neat thing is that it just made him come home and practice that much harder. If we can only get him to do that with other homework.

Speaking of other homework; First Quarter grades came home this week. Michelle had a very nice report card She received a 'B' in math but other than that she had all A's. Tyler also did very well. He also received one or 2 B's but they were in his AP classes. His GPA still hovers around a 5.0. Kyle, well, he has some work to do. He had 2 grades we were disappointed in. We will have to work with him a little to help him manage his computer and TV time so he spends more time in the books. It's his first quarter of HS. He is taking honors level courses. He just needs to figure thing out. He will do ok.

Team Israel Had a productive soccer practice last night. We worked on defense and goalie skills. These areas we have obvious opportunities for improvement. (You like that management speak?) We have a game Saturday Morning at 11:00 against team Peru.

Tonight is Jordan HS's Home Comming. The band has the tradition of dressing up in costumes for the homecoming game. The costumes are judged by the band director and band alum and the section with the best costumes win. The different sections try and keep their costume plans secret until the game so I cannot divulge what Tyler and Kyle's costumes are.

Saturday, After the soccer game, We head to Raleigh for the Capitol City Band Expo. Jordan has won this competitions several times but not the past two years. The level of competition is going to be high again this year. Cary HS, Concord HS and Athens Drive HS, who beat us earlier this year, and other great bands will be competing. The band is ready. We shall see how they do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home