Monday, June 06, 2005

The Week Behind, The week ahead

Top -o- the mornin to ya!

It's Monday morning and here I sit. I had a good editorial Blog in mind for this morning but I just don't have time this morning. Those tend to take longer to compose; I have to look some stuff up sometimes etc. Make sure I choose my words reasonably carefully so as not to rile someone over poor wordings. I mean if I am gonna rile someone I just assume it be on purpose.

So this morning just a quick update on the NC Grissom going-ons:

Michelle: She graduated from elementary school on Thursday. We have been at that school for 14 years. All of our kids went from kindergarten through 5th grade. Tyler and Kyle even got up and went to the graduation. I tried waking Bob up but.... He was a little disappointed he didn't get to go. That would have been neat. All the kids returning to the school for one last visit. Anyway, Michelle wore her new dress and looked really nice. We took her out for lunch after the ceremony.

Michelle also tried out for the Triangle United Soccer Association. It is a Soccer league that basically is above "recreational" level. They are competitive, you earn your playing time and they are more serious about commitment to the team etc. She won a spot on a team. She was very excited. She did not try out for the top level or "classic" teams. She will be on a "challenge" team. It is still considered a developmental team. Karen and I figured that if she wants to continue on and play soccer in middle school and perhaps High School she would need exposure to more experienced coaching and higher level of play.

Kyle is still working at Cold Stone Creamery. He is enjoying it. He specially likes the tips. (Tipping is a topic for another editorial BLOG). Karen and I dropped him off at Drum Line camp yesterday; Matt Savage Marching Percussion Camp. Most of the Jordan HS drumline (11 out of the 13 I think) are there this week. Kyle attended last summer and just had a crazy time. They have a performance on Saturday when we go to pick him up. Should be good.

Tyler is working hard at Harris Teeter. OK he stands around a lot but he is working. Other than that and spending time with Melodie Tyler has been working in the bandroom, getting uniforms and such ready for the dry cleaners and organizing Music folders for the marching season in the fall etc. Add Computer and video games to the picture and you pretty much have Tyler booked up for the summer.

Bob is working at the Bulls. He has not been able to find another part time job that would be flexible enough to work around the Bulls schedule. When the bulls are in town he works 7-10 hours a day. When they are gone, he goes in a couple hours here and there to work on small stuff. It should be good. He almost has enough money saved to by the Stratus from us. He thinks he has a job lined up for the fall at school. Doing some video related work for the English department. I am not certain what it entails but.... We don't see a lot of Bob, between his friends and his job but it is nice to have him home.

Karen and her Mom's Bowling league is done till fall. Their team name is the "Chocolate Chicks" . (The implication is they like chocolate if you didn't figure that out.) They won the first half of the season, didn't do quite as well the second half. But at the end of the year the first and second place teams from each half have a bowl-off for the title. The Chocolate Chicks walked away with the title. Congrats.

I officially started my new job last week. I say officially because I really have not done much for my new manager. I am still kinda cleaning things up for the old one. Anyway I am looking forward to new challenges. Layoffs are supposed to start in earnest this week around here. While I am glad I am relatively safe (for now) it is gonna be tough around here for the next couple of days. Other than that I have really been enjoying myself making sawdust in the garage. Working of stuff for the band. I will post a picture when I get them off of the camera. (Running low on disk space, not enough room to download them).

The next big event, besides my birthday ;-) , is our trip to Arizona. We leave on the 15th. We will spend a couple day at the Grand Canyon then head out to Sedona for a week. Should be nice. We will get back on the 24th.

Ta for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home