Monday, August 14, 2006

Mid August...

Another week is in the books. The kids are adjusting to school thought we had to go out this weekend and but a bunch of freaking clothes due to the new Wylie independent School District Dress Code. Maybe it won't make any difference but I am going to have to do something about this inane policy, I just have not figured out what. We told the kids to cooperate and follow the rules but we would make an effort of some kind to voice our collective opinion to the school board etc.

Other than that, we are settled in to our apartment. The cable and Internet are functioning, I got the washer and dryer hooked up finally...

I am getting settled at work. Folks are for the most part friendly. I have not seen to many cowboy boots or hats roaming the halls. I am still looking for a couple of good radio stations. The sports radio here is very Cowboys centric, as you might imagine but I think hourly updates on their training camp is going overboard. I thought, leaving North Carolina, that I would be getting away from the NASCAR scene. It seems to be more prevalent here than where the sport originates. I did find the local NPR station and a good jazz station.

This week our goal is to find a local bank and get our mortgage locked in. We have to look into car insurance as well. We are delaying, if possible, registering our cars in TX until we are in our new house. That way we won't have to transfer drivers license and such multiple times. We are still legal since we still own the house in NC I suppose.

'Nough for now.

Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home