Thursday, August 03, 2006

We have arrived

Just a quick one...

We made it to Texas. We arrived in Fairview probably around 3:00 on Tuesday. We spent Monday night in Little Rock and Sunday night in Nashville.

So this week we are staying at the In-Law's house in Fairview Texas. They are in Germany till next week some time. Monday our POD arrives at the apartment. So much of that day will be spent going up and down stairs. The only REAL concern is getting the Washing Machine up the stairs. At least we are only on the second floor.

We got the kids registered in School. Kyle at Wylie HS, and Michelle at Cooper JHS. Michelle has to take a placement test today in order to see if she can get into the more advanced classes. Then Monday the Band director wants her to audition so he knows what band to put her in.

Kyle decided to not do band this year, which is fine. He really like to cook and the HS has a good culinary department. So he will be taking cooking classes as well as Chemistry, math, English, etc.

I am moved into my new office at work... sorta. Things are mostly unpacked. I am still dealing with getting e-mail and phones etc set up. My e-mail address will not change. I just have to get it delivered to a different internal mail server.

The Cats did pretty well on the trip after the first day. Now that we have stayed put for a couple of days they are starting to eat and such a little more like normal.

Karen and I did a pre-drywall walk-through with our builder yesterday. We found a couple of minor issues but nothing show-stopping. We are still on schedule for the end of September.

Other than that we just need some freaking rain around here....

More updates later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello son.
I imagine you are now in the apartment if your pod arrived as scheduled. What a lot of physical work for you and the members of your family.
I note that you called today. I will try to call you soon on my cell phone to yours. I do hope you will want to keep in touch. Of course, the blog is the greatest way to let many people know what is going on. Alex, Pat, Margaret and I, at least read your blog.
Take care and stay cool. Love mom

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home