Monday, September 11, 2006

Texas Update

Just a quick update on the activities of the TX-Grissoms.

The house is moving along, though our closing date has been pushed back to the end of October.
The brick arrived and as of Sunday afternoon about 1/2 of the house's brick is up. There have been several mistakes/issues in the house but after some discussion, the builder has agreed to address most, if not all of them. I will try and post new pictures soon

We went to "The Ranch" (Nancy and Howard's home) on Saturday. We played Bocci Ball, and after an early dinner, Howard and Kyle played a round of golf, Michelle and I went for a Bike ride and Nancy and Karen drove around looking at houses and walked.

Sunday, Karen and I booked airline tickets for Bob and Tyler for Thanksgiving. The tickets were like $600+ each. We decided to cash in some American Express Reward points so instead of $1200+, the 2 tickets ended up costing us only about $58.

Sunday afternoon, after checking out the progress on the house, Michelle Karen and I headed out to Lavon Lake to check it out, see what there is to do etc. We were amazed at how far the lake levels have dropped. I know we are in a drought and all but it really struck us when we were there. Standing at the end of the boat launch, we looked down at the water lever, 3 feet below us, we turned around and looked up the ramp to where the water level use to be. That normal water line was a good 6-10 feet above our heads.

We walked along the shore for a bit and Karen looked down at a shell. A fresh water clam shell I believe. And low and behold there was a pearl in it!. What are the odds? As it turned out Michelle looked it up when we got home. She found that the odds of finding a natural pearl in a clam or oyster to be 10,000:1 or something like that.

The house is Durham is still on the market. We had an open house this weekend that reportedly went well. Our agent indicated there were a couple of good prospects. Keep your fingers crossed.

Last note; I received 2 responses to my last blog about the horse controversy. I am not sure exactly who left which comment but I have an idea. Regardless, the message I got was horses are above being eaten, along with cats and dogs for that matter. I respect that is your belief but you did not provide any justification for such a stance; compelling or otherwise. So the question still stands in my mind, what is the difference between a horse, cow, pig, goat or chicken. Not that the argument would hold any water with me but does the Bible say "Thou shalt not eat the beast thou sits upon", or some such thing?

Ta for now!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can officially change the about me to Texas now!! :)

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarcasm will get you no where!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarcasm will get you no where!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home