Wednesday, September 21, 2005

You'll never walk alone.

When you walk through a storm,
Hold your head up high,
And don't be afraid of the dark,
At the end of the storm is a golden sky.
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone.
You'll never walk alone
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone.
You'll never walk alone


Bob had some lyrics on his IM away message from "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" that reminded me of this song. I searched the web and found "You'll never walk along" and listened to it. When I was in school this song meant a lot to me. It helped me through some tough times then. The song still creates a lump in my throat when I hear it.

The song was some what of an anthem for the James Madison Marching Royal Dukes. We played it at the end of every practice and game. No one had the sheet music, you just picked it up over time. I did not know the lyrics to the song until on a particularly blue day for me, I heard it on the radio. I sat there a cried.

Christians have adopted this song as an anthem. They adopt the meaning to be that you never walk along because Jesus is always by your side. While it may not be Jesus walking with me, The combined "spirit" of those around me and all I known is always there to draw upon.

In trying times it is hard to consider anything but the burden at hand. The people you love and those who love you can be lost in your mind, All goals, dreams and aspirations become unreachable. For me, the lyrics are a reminder that as bad as things seem, the storm will end; I will survive to battle again, whatever life has to throw at me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad i could inspire a entry for you :) Its one of my favorite songs at the moment.

-Bob

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should see the song performed live. Carousel is a good show. and this song, sung by the mother to the daughter...very good...
but maybe you already knew that :-P

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home