Monday, March 21, 2005

A weekend off

I took the weekend off from Nortel this past weekend and boy it was nice. Not to say I completely forgot about all the issues and other garbage going on at work, but I did not turn on/open my (laptop) computer from Friday evening until 8:30 this morning when I got to work.

I did work from home Thursday and Friday. Karen chaperoned two band trips so I stayed home with Michelle who is on her school intersession. It was nice to get out of the office PLUS I could watch the NCAA first round games at the same time.

Besides watching Basketball on TV (and listening it it on the Radio), this weekend involved the following.

Saturday I replaced the air pump and check valve on the Volvo. The check engine light came on just weeks after we bought the car last spring. Of course the car will not pass inspection with the check engine light on. AND the state inspection is due by the end of the month.... The Volvo dealer wanted $700+ to fix it. I bought the parts ($450) and replaced them in less than 2 hours. That was pretty satisfying.

Karen spent much of the afternoon shopping for Prom dresses with Melodie, Tyler's ... well... prom date. (Not sure what the whole story is there.) They found a really pretty Pink dress for less than $50. Melodie was thrilled. Karen had a good time as well. (Tyler managed to get out that little excursion.)

Saturday Night We had Dinner at the In-Laws. Bob was home and spent much of the evening with us as well. That was a treat.

Sunday morning, Karen Tyler, Michelle and I went and played Disc Golf. I managed to squeak out a win. One of my better games. Tyler did not do terrible, though if you ask him he did, But it was not his best game.

Sunday afternoon I got back to building Cabinets and such for the Band. I stared them weeks ago but have not been able to get back to them due to work. Karen wants her Garage back.

I got the Volvo state inspection done this morning on the way to work and well now here I sit.

Other than that there is not too much news.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that the reason Karen did not win at Disc Golf was that her disc landed on a 5 foot long snake and threw her game off!!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home